Connect Marquette is excited to share one of Marquette’s most well-known symbols with you through a Marquette Harbor Lighthouse tour! Join us for a guided tour of the Marquette Lighthouse & a visit to the Marquette Maritime Museum. Tickets are $10 each, a $5 savings! We’ll have two tours running, departing from the Museum entrance at 5:45 and 6:15 on Wednesday, August 24th. Please arrive about 10 to 15 minutes before your tour time. Tours will be limited to 16 people each.
Pre-registration is required to provide an accurate count to the museum prior to the event. Registration for this event will close on Tuesday, August 23rd at 11:30pm.
Bring the whole family along!
Marquette Harbor Lighthouse Tour Information:
- All tours must be escorted by museum staff/volunteer
- Tours leave from museum entrance
- Walking tour – must be able to climb 45 steps
- Tour consists of history of Lighthouse Park, Coast Guard, one floor and tower of lighthouse, and catwalk
- The Lighthouse restoration process is ongoing
- Tours do not run in inclement weather
- Tour lasts approximately one hour
- All visitors must stay with the tour guide at all times
Lighthouse and Maritime Museum Parking Information:
There is a paved lot off of Lakeshore Blvd, located between the Water Treatment Building and the U.S. Coast Guard Station. The Museum entrance is on the lake side.
Another option is to turn east on Arch Street (closest street to the north of the Museum) and park in the lot between the lake and the 1891 US Life-Saving Service building or in the lot in front of the Museum building. The last option is to park at Mattson Lower Harbor Park or McCarty’s Cove and take the short walk along the multi-use path. The path brings you right to the Maritime Museum.
Photo courtesy of Matt Honold